Buffalo Turkey Sliders
With a satisfying crunch and finger-licking spice, these sliders will be a crowd-pleaser!
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup Traditional Bread Crumbs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese
- 12 King's Hawaiian® Original Hawaiian Sweet Slider Buns
- 1 1⁄2 cups arugula
- 6 slices red onion, cut in half
- Celery sprigs, washed, ends cut and leaves removed
- In a bowl, mix ground turkey with onion, wing sauce, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Divide meat mixture into 12 equal portions (about 2½ ounces each). Form each portion loosely into a ¾” thick burger. Season both sides of each burger with salt and pepper.
- On the stovetop: Place burgers in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook each turkey burger for 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. On the grill: Preheat grill to medium and cook for 8-12 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- In a ramekin or small bowl, mix sour cream and blue cheese crumbles. Set aside. Build your burger from the bottom up! Top the bottom half of each bun with arugula, slider patty, sour cream mixture and onion. Drizzle with wing sauce, if desired, then add the top bun.
- Serve with celery sprigs and extra wing sauce or sour cream mixture on the side. Refrigerate leftovers.