Build Your Own Totchos
Crispy potato tots are the perfect base for a hearty DIY nachos plate.
Serves: 25Prep: 25 minutesCook: 2 hours 45 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey, broken into pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 can (8 oz.) Kroger® Tomato Sauce
- 5 pounds tater tots, heated according to package instructions
- Assorted nacho toppings like queso, shredded cheese, salsa, shredded lettuce, sour cream, black olives, sliced jalapeños, guacamole
- Combine all taco meat ingredients in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, stir to mix. Cover and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours, stirring once about half way through to break up the meat into smaller pieces. Switch to KEEP WARM while serving.
- To assemble totchos, place a serving of tater tots on a plate, top with taco meat and desired toppings.
- Refrigerate leftovers.