Bulgogi (Korean Grilled Beef)
This beef dish is served in lettuce wraps, which makes it a fun dinner meal. Little bundles of meat, vegetables, hot peppers, and kimchi are beautiful and filling.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. mirin
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 lb. flank steak, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups kimchi
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 2 medium red or green serrano peppers, sliced
- Place the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, mirin, garlic, and ginger in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until smooth.
- Place the beef in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over it. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove beef from marinade and thread on metal skewers. Grill for 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
- Serve beef in lettuce wraps with kimchi, radishes, scallions, and pepper slices.