Bulgur Wheat Tabbouleh Salad with Tomatoes
Though you’ll need to adjust the cooking time, of course, you can try this tabbouleh recipe with just about any whole grain. Bulgur wheat is traditional, but quinoa, millet, or amaranth would also work.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- Pour boiling water over bulgur wheat. Cover, and allow to sit for 30 minutes until bulgur wheat is soft.
- Toss bulgur wheat with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, scallions, mint, and parsley. Stir in tomatoes.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.