Burger with Greek Spices, Pine Nuts, and Feta
Any good, basic homemade or commercial marinara sauce goes great with this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts (pignoles)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mix the ground beef with garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, crushed red pepper, pine nuts, and cheese, tossing carefully. Form mixture into 4 patties without too much patting and squeezing; this keeps them juicy.
- Grill until brown and done to preference. Serve on Italian bread with lettuce.