Butter Coconut Bars
Loose granola creates a delightfully crunchy topping on this buttery cake.
Serves: 12Prep: 45 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (7 oz. each) Private Selection™ Salted French Butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups Private Selection™ Coconut Macaroon Granola
- Confectioners’ sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9”x13” baking dish with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make bars, in bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together 1 stick butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes on medium-high speed. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Use rubber spatula to scrape sides of bowl as needed. Add vanilla, 2 cups flour, baking powder and half-and-half; mix until smooth and well combined, about 30 seconds. Transfer batter to prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Combine remaining ingredients, excluding confectioners’ sugar, in medium bowl and stir. Use fingers to break granola pieces into bite-size chunks. Scatter topping evenly across batter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, then cut into bars, dusting with confectioners’ sugar. Store leftovers in an airtight container.