Butter Crescent Rolls
For a special treat, make your own, homemade crescent rolls.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 9 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 package (2 1⁄4 tsp.) instant blend dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- In large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt and mix well. Cut in 1⁄2 cup butter until particles are fine. Stir in milk and eggs and beat well. Then stir in enough remaining flour until a soft dough forms; shape into a ball with hands. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, punch down dough and turn onto lightly floured surface. Divide into three parts. Roll each part into a 12-inch circle; spread each with one-third of the softened butter. Divide each circle into 8 wedges. Form crescent rolls by rolling up dough from the widest edge to the smallest. Place rolls on ungreased cookie sheet, brush with more butter, and let rise for 1 hour (dough will not rise much).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake rolls for 15 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
- Serve immediately or store covered at room temperature.