Butter Pecan Sheet Cake
Highlighting the rich flavors of pecans and browned butter, this delicious sheet cake will have guests going nutty, in a good way!
Serves: 24Prep: 1 hour 25 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups Pecan Pieces, toasted and divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13”x18” rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together ¾ cup butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well combined. Add buttermilk; beat to combine.
- Scrape down bowl. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat on low until just combined. Fold in 1 cup pecan pieces.
- Pour batter in prepared pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet over medium heat, melt ¾ cup butter. Cook 4 to 6 minutes; butter will foam and bubble before starting to turn a golden-brown color and smell nutty. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Beat together cooled browned butter with powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting is a spreadable consistency.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup pecan pieces. Store at room temperature for 1 to 2 days or refrigerate for longer.