Butter Refrigerator Cookies
This basic butter cookie can be dressed up in a variety of ways. Roll the log of dough in chopped pecans or colored sprinkles to cover the sides for a beautiful finish to these cookies.
Makes: 48 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 48 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg yolks; beat until creamy.
- Whisk together dry ingredients; stir into butter mixture.
- Shape dough into logs 2" in diameter. Roll in wax paper; place in refrigerator overnight, or freeze if desired.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice cookies in ⅜" wide slices; place on baking sheets 2" apart. Bake 8–10 minutes.