This is what is commonly called “ranch” dressing, made with buttermilk and herbs. If using dried herbs, use half the amount called for in the recipe.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 tsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and buttermilk until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.