Buttermilk Pancake Muffins with Maple Glazed Apples
Making pancakes for breakfast isn’t always possible on a busy weekday morning. Make these ahead of time and have them on hand to reheat and eat for a warm and wholesome breakfast.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 tablespoons Kroger® Unsalted Butter Sticks
- 2⁄3 cup water or milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Private Selection™ Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup Kroger® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into 18 thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons Private Selection™ Grade A Maple Syrup plus extra for serving
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Melt butter and generously brush 12 muffin cups in a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl whisk the water or milk, eggs, vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon and pancake mix together until smooth. Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- In another bowl toss the apple slices with the remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon and the maple syrup. Arrange 3 slices of apple over each batter filled muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes until the batter is set and the apples are softened. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tins. Eat warm or cool completely and freeze in airtight containers to have on hand to heat and eat. Serve with additional maple syrup, if desired. The frozen pancakes should last at least 2 months in the freezer.