Butternut Squash Lasagna
This Butternut Squash Lasagna is the ultimate fall dish. It combines creamy ricotta, butternut squash, spinach, and mozzarella in a cheesy lasagna that everyone is sure to love! Recipe courtesy of Lemon Tree Dwelling.
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 cup Roundy's milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces spinach
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Roundy's shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 cups Roundy's shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and place each half face down on a greased baking pan. Roast at 400° for 45 minutes or until squash is tender. Reduce oven to 375°.
- While squash is in the oven, cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
- Set noodles and squash aside to cool. Once squash is cool enough to handle, scoop flesh into a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add 1 c. milk and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg and continue blending until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 c. chopped onion and 8 oz. spinach; saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add 15 oz. ricotta, 1 c. parmesan, 1/2 c. mozzarella, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Add spinach mixture to ricotta mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread a small amount of butternut squash sauce onto the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Add a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by a layer of ricotta mixture and 1/2 c. mozzarella.
- Add a layer of butternut squash sauce, followed by 1/2 c. mozzarella.
- Continue layering, ending with a layer of mozzarella on top.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.