Butternut Squash Purée
Comfort food at its best. Butternut squash is a good source of beta-carotene and is loaded with vitamin A.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups skinned, seeded, and cubed butternut squash (about ¾" cubes)
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the squash, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer; cover and cook until the squash is tender, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the squash. Drizzle in the heavy cream while mixing until it is the consistency of a thick soup.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with almonds and nutmeg. Serve immediately.