Butternut Squash Ravioli
Fresh roasted butternut squash makes the perfect filling for homemade ravioli. Serve them with browned butter and fresh parmesan for a tasty meal the whole family will love.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp. water
- Parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- On prepared baking sheet, place butternut squash cut side up. Brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter; season with salt and pepper. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until easily pierced with fork. Allow to cool slightly, until easy to handle.
- Scoop out flesh of squash and place in bowl. Add garlic. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- In small skillet over medium heat, add remaining ½ cup butter. Cook until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Lay out 18 wonton wrappers. In center of each, place ½ teaspoon butternut squash mixture. Use brush to smear egg mixture all over surface of wrappers. Place clean wrapper on top, matching up the edges. Trim edges with cutter, if desired.
- Place 3 to 5 ravioli into boiling water; cook 1½ to 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon; place on plate. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
- Serve ravioli with browned butter and Parmesan. Refrigerate leftovers.