Butternut Squash Soup
Autumn is the time to start enjoying the harvest, and this soup is a great place to start.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 1⁄2 cup peeled and chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground white pepper
- In a soup pot, sauté onions in butter over medium heat until translucent.
- Add chicken broth, squash, and apple.
- Bring to a boil; then turn down heat and simmer until squash and apple are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Purée soup in a blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and white pepper.