Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
For an exquisite flair, garnish each individual serving with a diced apple.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup water
- 3 cups cored, peeled, and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 small apple
- ¾ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Mince the shallot and garlic. Pour the water into a soup pot, and cook them until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the squash and the broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Core the apple and cut it in half. Dice one half and thinly slice the other.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the squash mixture. Add the diced apple, cider, and yogurt and continue blending. Put the soup back into the pot and reheat on low.