Butternut Squash Stuffed with Apples, Raisins and Pecans
Butternut squash roasted with tasty tidbits of raisins, apples, pecans and a sprinkle of cinnamon is one very fragrant feast.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 butternut squash, washed, cut in half lengthwise, seeds scooped out and set aside in covered glass baking dish
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges, then cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Raisins
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Raw Pecan Pieces
- 2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, place apples, raisins and pecan pieces. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and mix well.
- Stuff cavity in each butternut squash half and sprinkle additional cinnamon on surface of squash and stuffing. Cover baking dish and bake in a microwave oven on high or in a conventional oven at 350°F until squash is tender.