Butterscotch Drop Cookies
These easy drop cookies are a delicious change from regular chocolate chip cookies.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole buttermilk (not skim or low fat)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Stir dry ingredients together; set aside.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk. Mix well after each addition. Stir in the pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes; do not overbake. Cool for a few minutes before removing from baking sheets.