Buttery Cashew Brittle
Rich, sweet and full of crunch, this tantalizing treat is perfect for winter snacking!
Serves: 16Prep: 20 minutesCook: 2 hoursTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (7 oz.) Private Selection™ Salted French Butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 can (7 oz.) Private Selection™ Large Whole Cashews with Sea Salt, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- Have large rimmed baking sheet handy. Melt butter in heavy bottomed 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and salt; stir with heatproof spatula until sugar is dissolved. Use a wet pastry brush to dissolve any crystallization around pan.
- Clip on candy thermometer and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly. As syrup cooks, it will become foamy and slowly brown. It may even smell slightly scorched, but press on.
- When syrup registers 290°F, add cashews. The temperature will drop. Cook, stirring constantly, until thermometer registers 300°F.
- Immediately scrape onto baking pan and spread with spatula as thin as possible (be careful; mixture will be very hot). Once fully hardened (about 2 hours), break into pieces. Brittle will keep, tightly covered, up to 5 days.