Buttery Mashed Potatoes
These mashed potatoes are fluffy and light. Try adding different flavors, such as olive oil, pesto, or white truffle.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. medium Yukon gold potatoes (skin on)
- 1⁄4 lb. European-style butter or regular unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground white pepper
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Drain and peel away the skin.
- Using a potato ricer, mash the potatoes and butter together. Fold in the cream and salt and pepper.