Buttery Puréed Cauliflower
This dish can replace mashed potatoes. Substitute a few tablespoons of cream for part of the vegetable stock to increase the richness of the dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ⅓ cup vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced scallions
- Put the cauliflower, garlic, and stock in a medium-sized saucepan, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Drain the cauliflower, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until smooth, adding the reserved cooking liquid as needed to reach the desired consistency. Add the butter and process. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with scallions, and serve immediately.