Cabbage isn’t just for sides or salads. Topped with a tomato-beef sauce, these rolls are filled with a flavorful cauliflower-beef mixture that makes an ideal meal any day of the week.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ medium onion, peeled and ground in food processor
- 4 cloves garlic, ground in food processor
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ head cauliflower, ground in food processor
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 head green cabbage, leaves separated and heated (in microwave)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground onion, garlic, basil, cumin, and oregano and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, place the cauliflower, beef, almond flour, egg, and garlic powder. Combine thoroughly with your hands or a large spoon. Add in sautéed onion mixture and mix well.
- Line a 4-quart slow cooker with 2 large cabbage leaves.
- Scoop ½–¾ cup of the meat filling onto the stem end of the remaining cabbage leaves, and roll each cabbage leave as tightly as possible.
- Place rolls in slow cooker, seam-side down. Pour broth and tomato sauce evenly over top of cabbage rolls.
- Cook on high for 4 hours. Serve warm, and spoon sauce over the rolls. Sprinkle with parsley.