Cabbage with Cranberries and Walnuts
Vibrant red cabbage gets all sweet and spicy with the delightful additions of sweet maple syrup, tangy lemon, crunchy walnuts, cranberries, and ginger.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (12 oz.) whole cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine cranberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Using a blender, food processor, or immersion blender, emulsify 1 cup of the cooked cranberries, grated ginger, lemon juice, and maple syrup until well blended. In a large mixing bowl, combine the emulsified mixture with the remaining whole cooked cranberries and lemon zest.
- Add the shredded cabbage to the cranberry mixture, toss to coat well, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Toss cabbage with walnuts before serving.