This is a make-ahead dressing to be added to romaine lettuce, croutons, and Parmesan cheese for Caesar salad. Egg yolks are partially cooked with heat and then chemically cooked with lemon juice.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 4 small anchovies, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- Boil 4 cups water in a medium saucepan. Gently drop eggs into boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes, then remove from water. Cool for two minutes. Peel eggs and place yolks in a small bowl. Discard whites or save for another use.
- In another small bowl, mash anchovies with a fork. Mix in garlic and mustard. Whisk in lemon juice and egg yolks. Drizzle oil in slowly while whisking to emulsify. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.