Café con Leche
Using sweetened condensed milk instead of sugar means that you don’t have to dissolve sugar in the milk. Brew your coffee stronger or lighter depending on your tastes, but remember, Café con Leche is traditionally half coffee and half milk.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup ground dark-roast coffee
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 cups cold water
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2½ cups whole milk
- Place coffee, cinnamon, and nutmeg in the top of a drip coffeemaker. Pour cold water into the machine and set it to brew.
- Meanwhile, combine condensed milk and milk in a large saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until steam rises from the surface.
- Pour the brewed coffee into the hot milk and stir. Serve immediately.