The caipirinha is Brazil’s national cocktail. Serve this cocktail in an old-fashioned glass, preferably one that is narrow at the bottom and wide at the top, with a stirring stick. For variations, replace the lime with strawberries or passion fruit.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lime
- 1½ Tbsp. cane sugar or regular white sugar
- Ice cubes
- 2 oz. cachaça
- Trim the ends off the lime. Slice the lime in half lengthwise. Remove the white pith and the seeds from the lime, and cut each half into 4 equal pieces.
- Place the limes in the bottom of an old-fashioned glass. Add the sugar, and muddle the limes with the sugar using a pestle.
- Add the ice cubes, slightly overfilling the glass.
- Slowly pour the cachaça over the ice. Stir well, until the ice settles into the glass.