You can replace the beer with soda in this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 tsp. ground marjoram
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beer, at room temperature
- Rinse shrimp and shake them dry. Combine cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, crushed red pepper, thyme, oregano, and marjoram in a small bowl.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it is hot, add butter and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add seasoning mix, Worcestershire sauce, and beer.
- Once sauce bubbles, add shrimp. Cook for 4–6 minutes, stirring so they cook evenly.
- Once shrimp is pink and cooked through, remove from the pan and place in a serving bowl. Let liquid simmer for 10 minutes until it is a reduced sauce. Serve with white rice.