Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- ⅛ tsp. dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp. dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp. dried basil
- ⅛ tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp. brown sugar
- Put the chicken breasts and olive oil in a heavy-duty, sealable plastic bag. Turn the bag to completely coat the chicken in the oil.
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients. Dip the top half of each chicken breast in the dried seasoning mixture.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or grill pan on medium-high. Place the chicken breasts in the skillet, spice-coated side down. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the top half of the chicken begins to lose its pinkish color and the spiced side of the chicken is browned well, almost blackened. Use tongs to turn the chicken. Cook for 1 minute or until the chicken is done.