Cake Mix Banana Bread
Freeze overripe bananas (in the peel) and save them to use in recipes like this one. The peel will turn black when frozen, but the fruit will be great for baking when thawed.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix without pudding
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Set aside.
- Mix sour cream and baking soda in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add water to 1-cup level and pour mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Fold cake mix into sour cream mixture, mixing well. Slowly add eggs, bananas, and nuts.
- Pour into pans and bake according to cake mix instructions.