Cake Mix Chocolate Biscotti
This is an elegant treat with a good cup of coffee and friendly conversation. You can make them far in advance; biscotti keep for weeks.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 oz.) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix dry cake mix, flour, butter, chocolate syrup, eggs, and vanilla well in a large bowl. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter in half. Shape each half into a 12-by-2-inch log. Place both halves on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Transfer logs to a cutting board and carefully cut into 1⁄2-inch slices. Cutting on the diagonal is easiest.
- Return slices to the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool biscotti on wire racks.