Cake Mix Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies have a flaky texture that is achieved by cutting the butter into the cake mix.
Makes: 48 cookiesHands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 cookies
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. light cream
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Place cake mix in large bowl. Using a pastry blender or two forks, cut in butter until particles are fine. Blend in egg whites and cream until mixed. Shape dough into a ball and cover.
- Chill for at least 2 hours in refrigerator. Then preheat oven to 375ºF. Roll dough into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten to ¼" thickness with bottom of glass.
- Bake for 7–10 minutes or until cookie edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.