Cake of Many Colors
This is one of the most delicious art projects you can take on with children. Try not to go in with a preconceived notion of the looks of your product. You’ll have more fun if you’re in it for pure enjoyment.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) box white cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- Food coloring
- 1 container (16 oz.) frosting
- Preheat oven according to cake mix instructions. Grease a Bundt pan and set aside.
- Prepare batter according to instructions. Spoon batter evenly into four bowls and add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl.
- Mix a few drops of food coloring into each bowl and then spoon batter into cake pan in any color order you like. Bake according to instructions.
- Cool cake completely. Add 2 drops food coloring to frosting and frost cake.