Save to My Recipes
Avocado, arugula, and goat cheese adorn these sophisticated burgers. If you don’t like the spicy sauce, substitute your favorite creamy topping to make this your dream burger.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (not low-fat)
- 3 Tbsp. sriracha chili sauce
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 gluten-free hamburger buns
- 1 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 8 slices red onion
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 8 slices
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and sriracha. Cover and refrigerate while you make the burgers.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper with your hands. Shape mixture into 8 patties and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan or large skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook about 5 minutes on each side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sriracha-mayonnaise mixture on the bottom halves of the buns and top each with a burger patty. Top with goat cheese, arugula, onion, and avocado. Cover with top halves of the buns.