Avocado, arugula, and goat cheese adorn these sophisticated burgers. If you don’t like the spicy sauce, substitute your favorite creamy topping to make this your dream burger.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (not low-fat)
- 3 Tbsp. sriracha chili sauce
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 gluten-free hamburger buns
- 1 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 8 slices red onion
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 8 slices
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and sriracha. Cover and refrigerate while you make the burgers.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper with your hands. Shape mixture into 8 patties and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan or large skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook about 5 minutes on each side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sriracha-mayonnaise mixture on the bottom halves of the buns and top each with a burger patty. Top with goat cheese, arugula, onion, and avocado. Cover with top halves of the buns.