Calzone with Prosciutto, Artichoke Hearts, and Cheese
Make a calzone by rolling out fresh pizza dough, adding fillings to one side, and folding the other side over to seal before baking. Serve with a side of warm tomato sauce for dipping. Look for the raw balls of pizza dough sold in bags at most supermarkets.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 fresh store-bought pizza dough
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 can (7 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a lightly-floured rolling pin, roll out pizza dough on a lightly-floured surface. Lay the prosciutto and artichoke hearts across 1⁄2 of the dough. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese and dollop with the ricotta. Fold the empty 1⁄2 of the dough over the filled 1⁄2. Crimp and roll the edges together and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 24 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges to serve.