Campanelle with Broccoli
Fresh broccoli and savory sausage make this a great meal.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 pound campanelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli; simmer 5 minutes. Using a skimmer, remove broccoli and set aside. Return water to a boil.
- Prepare pasta as directed on package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up sausage with wooden spoon. Add garlic and cooked broccoli; cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Add pasta, stir and remove from heat.