Canadian Bacon and Pineapple Pizza
Of course you can top this pizza with the usual red sauce. But the slightly sweet Mustard Cream Sauce makes a nice complement to the smoky bacon and sweet-tart pineapple.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 2 lbs. pizza dough
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cups shredded Emmentaler cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. Canadian bacon slices, quartered
- 1½ cups pineapple tidbits
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle 2 pizza pans with cornmeal.
- Roll or press pizza dough into two 12" circles, slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- In a bowl, whisk together pizza sauce sauce and honey. Spread half the sauce in the center of each pizza, leaving one inch around the edges bare.
- Sprinkle 1 cup Emmentaler over the sauce on each pizza. Distribute 1 cup mozzarella evenly over each pizza, leaving edges bare.
- Dot each pizza with half the Canadian bacon, followed by half the pineapple.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie. Sprinkle pizzas with parsley before serving.