Canadian Butter Tarts
These classic little Canadian tarts have a gooey, buttery filling studded with plump raisins.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pie crusts, cut into 12 circles (4")
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Heat the oven to 425°F and spray a standard cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Gently press the pastry circles into each cup of the pan. Spoon 1 teaspoon of raisins into each pastry shell. Cover with plastic and chill for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the light brown sugar, corn syrup, egg, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Fill each pastry cup ⅔ full with the brown sugar mixture. Discard any extra filling.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the tarts are browned on the top. Cool completely in the pan before serving.