Candied Apple Cupcakes
It’s hard to enjoy a caramel apple with a mouth full of dentures or braces. This easy-to-enjoy recipe lets the whole family celebrate autumn without worry.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) spice cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 2 cups apples, finely chopped
- 20 caramel cubes
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Prepare batter according to cake mix instructions. Fold in chopped apples. Fill baking cups ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cook caramels and milk in a double boiler, stirring constantly. Smooth caramel mixture over cupcakes.