Candied Mixed Nuts
Candied nuts are always a welcome appetizer or snack. They also make a great gift when given with a special jar or bag.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 lb. mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg white, water and vanilla; add nuts and toss to coat; add the sugar mixture and toss well.
- Spread in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet. Roast for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, or until nuts are dark golden brown and sugar mixture bubbles.
- Cool completely before storing in airtight container.