These little candies are deliciously addictive. You may substitute other nuts if you like.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 tsp. salt
- Combine water, 1 cup of the sugar, cinnamon, and black pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then add the pecans.
- Cook and stir the mixture until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour the pecans onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Allow pecans to cool for about 10 minutes, then pour remaining 1 cup sugar and the salt over them. Toss to coat.
- Store in an airtight container.