Candied Pumpkin Dessert
Pumpkins are for more than carving on Halloween. Their buttery texture and sweet flavor make for wholesome desserts when the temperatures drop.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-by-13-inch pan. Set aside.
- Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Turn mixture into pan. Top with dry cake mix.
- Pour melted butter on top. Bake 55 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.