Candy Bar Squares
Chocolate candy bars with almonds make an easy topping for these thin, but decadent (and SO easy to make) squares. Leftover candy never had it so good!
Serves: 48Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups flaked (sweetened) coconut
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 bars (1.45 oz. each) chocolate with almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter. Press onto bottom of a 13”x9” baking pan and bake for 10 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
- While crust is baking, in the same medium bowl stir together the coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour over hot, partially baked crust and continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set.
- Carefully place unwrapped candy bars on top of baked filling to cover entire surface. Continue baking for 4-5 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Spread chocolate over bars. Cool completely until chocolate is set, then cut into squares.