Minestrone is an Italian soup that translates roughly to “the big soup.” It is a thick soup made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 10 minutes, then serve.