Cannellini and Pasta Soup
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb. tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large pot; gently cook onions and garlic until soft but not browned. Add tomatoes, vegetable stock, and pepper.
- In a food processor or blender, purée 1 cup of cannellini beans; add to stock mixture. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- While stock is simmering, cook pasta until al dente; drain.
- Add remaining beans and pasta to stock; heat through. Serve with Parmesan cheese.