This spritzer is smooth and delightful with every sip. The ginger pairs perfectly with the cantaloupe and is a delicious drink to serve your friends and family.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 6-inch fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into thick coins
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. white rum
- 2 cups Kroger® Seltzer Water
- Candied ginger
- Ice cubes for serving
- In a blender, puree the cantaloupe chunks, add a little water if needed. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer set over a pitcher, then let stand until the liquid is drained and solids remain. Discard the solids and reserve the cantaloupe juice.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar and ginger to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand until completely cool. Remove ginger pieces and discard.
- Stir the cooled sugar syrup into the cantaloupe juice. Stir in the rum and the seltzer water.
- Serve over ice with fresh cantaloupe pieces and candied ginger.
- Refrigerate leftovers.