This bright salad, made with fresh cantaloupe and garnished with ripe avocado, is a light, quick lunch or dinner. Toss it with the tangy homemade dressing and delight in a refreshing meal that matches your chill summer vibes.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 tomatillos, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 cups cantaloupe, seeded and cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, plus more for the salad, divided
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- In a large bowl, gently toss together cantaloupe, red onions, cilantro, mint (to taste), tomatillos and cheese.
- In a jar, shake together olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, serrano pepper, sugar, 1 teaspoon mint, ground coriander and salt until sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle dressing evenly over salad. Garnish with avocado.
- Tip: The Cotija cheese can be substituted with queso fresco.