This gorgeously colored sorbet is a true crowd pleaser. Try serving it in scooped out melon bowls. Halve each melon, remove the flesh, and freeze the rind until serving time. A garnish of fresh mint finishes it beautifully!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large, ripe cantaloupe (2–2½ lbs.)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Remove the flesh from the rind of the cantaloupe, taking care to discard seeds and any green flesh. Purée in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and purée until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.