Capellini with Super-Low-Fat Tomato Sauce
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (28 oz.) Italian plum tomatoes, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. capellini, cooked
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, and oregano. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Season with salt. Remove from the heat.
- In a food processor or blender, purée small quantities of the sauce to desired consistency, using quick on-off pulses for a chunky sauce, and processing continuously for a smoother sauce. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the pasta and toss well.