Caper Sauce for Fish, Meat, or Poultry
These Mediterranean ingredients will sauce any number of entrees. You can use this on most dishes as sauce and/or flavoring.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. capers
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 4 mint leaves, shredded
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat butter, olive oil, and shallots in a saucepan and sauté, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook, stirring, for another 5 minutes.