This Caprese Frittata is a twist on a classic caprese salad – tomato, basil and mozzarella – but is ready in less than 30 minutes. You can even make it ahead the night before and easily reheat it in the morning!
- 8 Simple Truth® Brown Medium Eggs
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 Simple Truth Organic® Basil Leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic® Fat Free Milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a 12” oven-proof skillet (cast iron works well). Add the tomatoes and stir, cooking until they begin to soften. Add the basil and stir briefly. Pour in the egg mixture and stir with a spatula for 1 minute, allowing the eggs to cook slightly. Top the frittata with mozzarella cheese and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through and the frittata is puffed and golden. Cut the frittata and serve.